How to Stay Connected While Abroad with TEP Wireless — Stay connected with a personal hotspot and have wifi wherever you go!
I’m not the kind of traveler who likes to unplug. For me, having access to wifi is essential for a good trip. I want to be able to google things, look up directions and post on social media. I get frustrated if I need information (i.e. museum hours or a restaurant location) and I don’t have access to it.
A few years ago, I was in Paris for a week by myself before meeting up with friends for a month long trip. I had purchased an international phone plan and my goal was that it would last the entire trip. On my second to last day in Paris, I get a text message that I had used up my entire international data package. At that time, there wasn’t an option to purchase another data package. I was out of luck. I started to freak out because I didn’t think I was going to have any more data and I was only a few days in to a month long trip.
Earlier that day, I happened to be in a cooking class where a woman told me about pocket wifi hotspots for traveling. I had never heard of them before, but she explained to me that you can carry a small hotspot device in your pocket and it will create a personal wifi network for you. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t heard of these.
That evening, I did some research and found TEP Wireless. I immediately rented a device and they shipped it to my hotel in Brussels. I was thrilled. I relied on the TEP Wireless device the entire trip and it saved me from having a ton of frustration and a massive phone bill.
For my last trip to Europe, I ordered another TEP Wireless device. This time, they shipped it to me a week in advance and I had it charged and ready to go for when I arrived in Germany. I used it throughout the trip and shipped it back in the provided envelope.
The Benefits of a TEP Wireless Personal Hotspot
TEP is so easy to use and it’s so worth it to stay connected while abroad. Here are some of my favorite features:
- You can connect up to 5 devices at a time
- The wifi is unlimited — no worrying about how much you’re using.
- The network is completely private and secure
- Set up is easy. No cables or anything to keep track of. You simply log in to a wifi network and that’s it!
- The battery life is 8+ hours. You can also hook it up to an external battery pack to extend the battery life.
- 24 hour customer support in case you need help troubleshooting.
- The device can be delivered to you at home or at your hotel.
- They include return shipping so all you have to do is put it in the package and mail it once you return home.
I highly suggest renting a TEP Wireless hotspot for your next trip. It will give you peace of mind, avoid annoying travel frustrations and prevent a huge phone bill.
For more travel tips, check out these posts:
5 Travel Tips for Staying Healthy
5 Travel Tips for Staying Safe
TEP Wireless provided me with a complimentary rental for my last trip. All opinions are my own.
Jyoti basu says