Forget the skillet. The best way to cook bacon is in the oven. Here’s why:
1. No grease splatters on you or all over your kitchen.
2. Easier clean up – just wash the sheet pan.
3. Free space on your stovetop that can be used for eggs, pancakes, whatever.
4. Hands-off cooking. Throw the bacon in the oven, set your timer, and work on the rest of your dishes.
5. You can bake a large batch and refrigerate the bacon. Reheat during the week and use for salads, sandwiches, etc.
6. You’ll have perfect, crispy bacon. Enough said.
Here’s what to do:
1. Heat your oven to 375. (You really can do this at any temperature between 325-400. Just adjust your baking time accordingly.)
2. Place a rack on your sheet pan. Line up the bacon on top of the rack. If you do not have a rack, simply place the bacon directly on the sheet pan. The rack helps the fat drip away from the bacon.
3. Bake on middle rack of oven for 10-15 minutes or until bacon reaches your desired crispness. The key to having the perfect bacon is adjusting the baking time to how you like your bacon. Since bacon varies in thickness, baking time can change drastically. I like it at that perfect spot when it’s both crispy and chewy, about 12 minutes in my oven.
4. Let cool briefly and enjoy! You can place the bacon on paper towels to absorb excess grease, if needed.
Check out these other breakfast recipes for ideas on what to serve with your bacon: